A Blog About:

embracing bad t.v. and turning what is most likely a vice into a blog-tastic virtue

11.05.2008

The Hills Rewind, Vol. 5

Well, well, well.  I didn't think anyone really cared.  I thought these little posts were just my way to recap events so my bad memory wouldn't forget.  So I was pleasantly surprised to hear that people (other than my one dedicated commentator) actually read this thing!  But now I feel some pressure to deliver good material. 

Anyways, I'm back to being behind in my not-so-loyal Hills watching.  Got caught up on the post-Cabo episode tonight.  Two comments:

1.  Poor Stephanie Pratt.
Although I generally think she is a hot mess and clearly does not apply anything she may be learning in fashion school to her daily get-ups, I have to say - people need to give her an f'-in break.  In the post-Cabo episode, apparently everyone believes that her new boyfriend, who has no prior relationship to anyone else in the Hills cast of characters, should confront Brody Jenner about his past comments to Stephanie.

What planet do these people live on?  Am I missing something?  That's like going to your high school reunion and asking your husband to beat up the boy who flicked boogers at you.  What do Brody's past comments have to do with Stephanie's current boyfriend?  NOTHING.  There is no reason for her boyfriend to even raise the subject.  OK, maybe, maybe if Brody disrespected Stephanie in her boyfriend's presence or during the time they are dating - maybe then could we impose some obligation on this dude to do something.  But, really, he's dating Stephanie Pratt.  Cut the guy some slack.

People, I have a degree in Philosophy, with an emphasis on ethics, so I should know.

2.  And finally, if I were a single lady, I'd be pretty pissed that vapid girls like Audrina could throw away dreamy Australian hunks.  If I were a single lady, I'd book a Christmas Eve flight to Australia and hope for the best.


1 comment:

Da Fashionista said...

audrina is everything i never wanted to be. but she is probably happier than i am. what irony.