A Blog About:

embracing bad t.v. and turning what is most likely a vice into a blog-tastic virtue

9.22.2008

The Hills Rewind Vol. 1

I'm launching another new feature to my blog: a weekly recap of my favorite guilty pleasure, The Hills.

So, should you date your friend's ex?  The short answer is "no."  But in all Hills quandaries, one must ask, "What would Whitney do?"  She most certainly would not date Doug.  Now, mind you, I'm relatively certain that the beautiful Whitney doesn't need to pick up her friends' sloppy seconds (in the words of Audrina), while the hot mess Stephanie probably does need to take what she can get.  However, that's no excuse for violating the code.  I'm starting to see the wisdom of Brody ~ that Stephanie Pratt is crazy and cannot be trusted.  And, seriously, what's with her even asking out loud whether Lauren would find out?  Of course she would find out ~ it's an f'ing television show!  She's clearly trying to dredge up drama for herself because she has an otherwise pathetic, uneventful life.  And what about Doug asking her what she's doing after this ("this" being their dinner date)?  Um, my guess is he's hoping the answer is "him."  

On another front, Heidi and Audrina talking is like watching Blonde Barbie and Brunette Barbie interact as choreographed by two four-year-olds voicing their lines.  

And Spencer in a hat is a look I hope never to see again.

That's the rewind.

p.s. ~ I missed parts of last season, but what happened to the dog Lauren and Lo bought?
 

3 comments:

Da Fashionista said...

i think they still have that puppy. i see paparazzi pics of them with it.

ugh i think i am starting to hate all them. before i was just amused by the stupidity. but now i see that they are all so toxic for each other. blech.

i can't wait for whitney's show. she is going to work at DVF. BRILLIANT brand fit.

amy said...

I fell in love with Whitney before I knew she was a Trojan. I hadn't heard about her show or that she's going to work at DVF. I'm just very pleased that I know what DVF stands for. Think i once owned a vintage piece courtesy of an L.A. thrift shop.

amy said...

watching the hills keeps me young. for reasons i don't want to explain, i was once at a party where i was the only person over the age of 18 for a solid hour. what do you talk about with teeny-boppers? i quickly struck up a convo about the hills and it was all good.